Rank One Computing
We make the world safer and more convenient with intelligent computer vision.
Rank One Computing (ROC) is an employee-owned cutting-edge developer of computer vision based biometric and video analytic technologies. Our core offering, the ROC SDK, provides algorithms that are industry leading in accuracy and efficiency. More recently, ROC’s product portfolio has grown to include full-stack, end-user systems that leverage the algorithms contained in the ROC SDK. We license our software in support of a wide range of applications including financial services, law enforcement, military, and consumer electronics.
To assist with our growing suite of software systems, we are seeking a Director of Software Engineering to help lead our software engineering team. Successful leadership in this role will enable growth of our advanced technology product portfolio in a manner that aligns with our business strategy and product development priorities.
The role of the Director of Software Engineering encompasses equally product development and software engineering leadership, particularly in the realm of full-stack web applications and cloud deployment. This is a leadership from the trenches position where software scoping, implementation, review and deployment constitute the primary activities. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Aligns software products with business strategy and priorities.
- Scopes and executes the development of software features that address a variety of customer needs.
- Assesses the technical risks to achieve strategic product priorities and timelines. Communicates clearly the technical risks to internal stakeholders.
- Decomposes requirements into a set of logical tasks within an Agile framework.
- Manages the development and maintenance of an automated end-to-end build and QA software pipeline.
- Manages and assigns software engineers to projects and tasks.
- Oversees technical and procedural documentation.
- Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies, and tools to advance the business strategy and product capabilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience developing software systems in a product environment.
- Proficiency in HTML / CSS / JS / node.js / Vue.js
- Ability to leverage software design principles, tools, and techniques to solve customer requirements and deploy on-prem or in the cloud.
- Knowledge of product management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain product and solution development life cycle.
- Knowledge of debugging approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to review and critique software code quality and product quality.
- Knowledge of IT security protections, security testing, and mitigations for vulnerabilities.
Other Relevant Skills and Experience:
- S. or greater in Computer Science.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle.
- Experience with Computer Vision or Machine Learning systems.
- Experience with biometrics recognition systems.
- Experience working with streaming video input.
This leadership role is dynamic in fostering development of a growing, high-impact product portfolio developed by ROC for use by a range of critical customers and stakeholders in National Security, FinTech, and Public Safety. Leadership responsibilities include staff resource management, project oversight, and mentoring all levels of software engineers. Additional responsibilities are growing the engineering team and providing technical input to business opportunities.
The engineering role means your skills stay fresh in your active contributions to product development. Engineering responsibilities include full-stack web development and cloud deployment.
This is a tremendous opportunity for anyone eager to build and deploy state-of-the-art real-time computer vision systems that will be used across a variety of industries. You will work alongside a team of experts in machine learning and systems engineering to develop products that leverage our technology for operational use. If you feel you are a good fit for this role, please let us know by sending your resume to [email protected].
If you end up joining Rank One, you will join a work culture that is built on the premise that a well nourished personal life bears the most fruit in one’s professional life. Every member of our team has a strong work ethic. We reward this effectiveness with an insistence on taking time off for rest, reflection, family, and personal health.
Our HQ office is located in the downtown Denver area, at 1290 N Broadway Street. We have beautiful mountain views from our upper floor corner office. We often provide company funded lunches, and have company funded social activities.
Compensation for this role includes: competitive salary with opportunities for growth, performance bonuses, generous stock options, health insurance coverage, and contributions to 401k.