Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR)
Discover unprecedented speed, accuracy, and flexibility in the only automatic license plate recognition solution that scales with your needs – built 100% in-house by Rank One Computing.
Lightning-fast ALPR for Smarter Parking, Traffic, Security, and Law Enforcement
Our cutting edge ALPR software can automatically read and recognize license plates from video files or images captured on any device – even in challenging environments like low-light, high-motion or angled images.
Automated Parking Management and Enforcement
- Monitor vehicles in real-time for parking, security, or law enforcement
- Automatically approve or reject access to a parking facility
- Set alerts for arrivals and departures
- Identify unregistered or non compliant vehicles for escalation
- Manage commercial vehicle fleets with smart check-in/out
Faster Ticketing and Smarter Toll Systems
- Manage roadways and parking structures
- Read and extract license plate data accurately in seconds
- Track fast-moving vehicles and broaden your coverage
- Generate revenue and enforce violations without clogging traffic
Smarter Vehicle Investigations
- Streamline your process with live license plate search
- Find stolen vehicles on the road in real time using traffic cameras
- Get more comprehensive search results with a system that provides approximate plate matches, even when inputted characters are incorrect or only partially captured by the system
Rapid, Effective Emergency Responses
- Identify incidents as they occur with real-time alerting
- Find license plates – even with incorrect or incomplete input
- After an incident, automatically search surveillance footage for a known vehicle by license plate
Whether you need a standalone automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) solution or an integration for your existing software suite, ROC SDK brings the flexibility and functionality you need to accomplish more in less time.
Built by Developers, for Developers
- Quick, easy setup and integration
- Free access to development SDK
- OS, platform, and device agnostic
- Extensive documentation and sample code
- Deploys in the cloud, on-prem, or on a mobile device
- Works with existing camera and VMS systems
- Up and running in minutes
Intelligent Live Analytics at Your Fingertips
- Intuitive dashboard for live video analytics
- Camera and watchlist management
- Video recording and playback
- Rule-based smart alerts via email or text
Lightweight and built for speed, ROC SDK powers both enterprise and edge-based applications when failure is not an option.
Proudly Made in the USA
Mitigate poison AI risks from foreign-developed technology. ROC SDK is 100% developed in the USA by U.S. citizens and is trusted by Fortune 500 companies and throughout the Department of Defense.
Advocates for Ethical AI Use
We are advocates for the safe and morally sensible use of artificial intelligence to help solve challenging problems. Check out our Code of Ethics.
Trusted by Innovators Everywhere
From law enforcement to commercial security and federal investigations, our license plate recognition technology is trusted by technology leaders across the country and around the world.
Ready to Get Started?
What is automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) technology?
How does ALPR work?
The first step in LPR is to capture an image of a license plate using a camera. The camera can be fixed or mobile and can capture images in different lighting conditions.
Once the image is captured, pre-processing algorithms are used to improve the quality of the image. This can include adjusting the contrast and brightness of the image, removing noise, and enhancing the edges of the license plate.
In this step, the software identifies the license plate within the image. This can be done by looking for patterns or shapes that are characteristic of license plates.
Once the license plate has been localized, the software separates the individual characters on the plate. This can be a challenging step, as license plates can vary in size, shape, and font.
Optical character recognition (OCR)
In this step, the software uses OCR algorithms to recognize and read the individual characters on the license plate. This can involve comparing the characters against a database of known characters or using machine learning algorithms to recognize patterns in the characters.
Once the characters have been recognized, post-processing algorithms can be used to validate the license plate number and correct any errors that may have occurred during the OCR process.
How is license plate recognition (LPR) used?
LPR can be used to manage parking in corporate and community settings. By using cameras to scan license plates, parking administrators can track the duration of a car’s stay and issue citations to cars that overstay their allotted time.
LPR can be used as part of a security system to monitor entrances and exits, or secure an event perimeter. For example, in corporate settings, LPR can be used to automatically grant access to authorized vehicles and employees, while denying entry to unauthorized individuals.
Law enforcement agencies can use LPR technology to identify stolen vehicles, monitor traffic flow, and enforce traffic violations. By scanning license plates, law enforcement officers can quickly identify vehicles that are associated with criminal activity or outstanding warrants.
LPR can be used to facilitate toll collection on highways and bridges. By scanning license plates, toll authorities can bill drivers for tolls without requiring them to stop at toll booths.
LPR can be used to improve community safety by identifying vehicles that are associated with criminal activity. For example, LPR can be used to monitor vehicles that are known to be involved in drug trafficking or other criminal enterprises.
License plate recognition technology can help streamline response and recovery efforts during and after an incident by providing real-time data on the movement of people and vehicles.