Last Updated: Monday, September 14th, 2020
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you visit our Website. For example, you share information directly with us when you fill out an online form, post content through our blog, or otherwise communicate with us through our Websites. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, company, country of residence, website and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Website, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Website, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Website to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from data analytics providers.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Information We Do Not Collect
Our integrator partners who use ROC’s facial recognition technology and related software may collect data from end users in relation to our partners’ use of our technology and software. ROC does not receive this data nor any operational data from our integrator partners.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide our Website and for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Website;
- Send you information, including customer experience surveys and updates;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Website;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products and services offered by ROC and others, and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of ROC and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Website;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, marketing and advertising.
- If you post comments in a public area of our Website, we share this information publicly on our Website.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Website, such as sharing a blog post with a third party social media platform, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We can only disclose information that we have and ROC does not collect operational data from our integrator partners and end users who use ROC technology and software.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of ROC, our users, the public, or others. Again, we can only disclose information that we have and ROC does not collect operational data from our integrator partners and end users who use ROC technology and software.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Transfer of Information to The United States and Other Countries
ROC is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from ROC by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Additional Disclosures For Individuals In Europe
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at legal at rankone.io.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
- For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
- For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html