Founded in 2015, ROC is an employee-owned company headquartered in Denver, CO with offices in Morgantown, WV and the homes of some of America’s finest engineers and Computer Vision experts.
Who we are:
- Recognized thought leaders and innovators with decades of experience and numerous patents in biometrics, computer vision, and identity solutions
How we’re different:
- Engineering-first approach focuses on efficient, effective, and game-changing solutions that solve customer challenges
- Commitment to ethical use of emerging technology to make spaces – digital or physical – where society gathers safer and more engaging
Why choose us:
- Proven experience developing and deploying tailored solutions that
- Increase trust in online commerce with global financial institutions
- Strengthen military and law enforcement missions
- Enhance customer loyalty with leading retail and entertainment enterprises
Our Executive Team
B. Scott Swann
Chief Executive Officer
20+ years Federal Investigations Expertise, DoD, IC and Government Relations
• 18-year tenure at the FBI
• As an FBI Unit Chief, he played a central role in the development of the $1.2B Next Generation Identification system
• Served as Special Assistant to the FBI’s Science and Technology Branch as well as the Identity Intelligence Lead to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence Science and Technology Office
• Master’s Degree in software engineering from WVU
Brendan Klare, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist, President & Co-Founder
15+ years AI / ML Industry Leadership
• Published over 25 peer reviewed articles on the topic of computer vision, machine learning, and automated FR algorithms
• Served as a subject matter expert consultant on the use of automatic FR algorithms for the DoS, FBI, DoD, and IARPA
• Served as an infantryman in the 75th Ranger Regiment, U.S. Army
• Ph.D. in Computer Science from Michigan State University
Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder
20+ yrs Application Development & Innovation
• Published 9 peer reviewed articles focused on computer vision and automated face recognition
• Supported a variety of important identification efforts for the FBI, DoD, and Intelligence Community including the Automated Face Detection and Recognition (AFDAR) project noted for “bringing facial recognition to the FBI,” and the IARPA JANUS program.
Chief Operating Officer
20+ years Federal and Commercial Identity Management Operations
•20+ years Biometrics and Identity Management industry leadership.
•Expertise in building effective teams and advising leaders across Federal and Commercial sectors with emphasis on identity management, biometrics, and military R&D.
• M.B.A. from Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
Cody Barnes, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
15+ years in combined finance, accounting, tax, operations, human resources and banking experience
•Highly skilled in building out structure and process to support a rapidly growing organization
• BS in Finance & Accounting from USF
David Ray, J.D.
General Counsel and Chief Partnership and Privacy Officer
10+ years in law practice and technology
• Skilled in Software Licensing, Business Development, Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital Financing, Company Formation, Securitization, Management Consulting and Finance
• J.D. from Columbia Law School
SVP Strategic Marketing & Business Development
10+ years in the biometrics industry
• Proven business developer with engineering expertise delivering reliable computer vision and facility security solutions to government and commercial organizations in the Biometrics and Defense sectors
• Masters ECE from Georgia Institute of Technology
Primary Sales Points of Contact
Commercial and Fintech
VP, Customer Success
10 years leading high profile commercial and government biometrics programs
• TSA PreCheck, 23 state biometric background check programs including Texas, New York, and Tennessee, and FBI Individual History Checks
• Guided product development for remote identity proofing and remote biometric capture solutions for the DoD, US Marshall Service, and commercial applications such as secure stadium access
• CPA with experience balancing operational needs with financial realities
VP, Congressional Affairs & Community Outreach
15+ years experience in roles within government, business development, philanthropy, and community outreach.
• Serves, and has served, as a professional representative for several boards of directors throughout her career that coincide with previous and current roles.
• Served WV & U.S. Senator, Joe Manchin III, as Caseworker and Regional Coordinator, where she managed hundreds of constituent cases and 15 counties statewide on behalf of the U.S. Senate. Additionally, served as Deputy Administrator for Harrison County, WV, where she assisted in the oversight of 300+ employees across all departments and elected offices.
• Master of Education from Fairmont State University, B.A from UNC Chapel Hill, where she was also a student athlete.
Chris Centamore (Acting)
Business Development Manager
6+ years supporting Operations to ensure the highest level of efficiency and organization within the BD team
• Liaison for ROC’s existing Channel Partners, as well as our expanding commercial network
• Advocate for the ethical use of biometrics in the fintech, ID proofing, and digital identity verticals
• BA in International Relations from NC State University
Our Engineering and Expertise speaks for itself with our rapid growth and expanding clients:
US Dept of Defense Agencies
Multi-National Financial Institutions
Law Enforcement Agencies
Facial Verifications Per Year